Reporting an error

If you notice that the Office has made a mistake in the information on a certificate or in the changes made to the national Design Register, you can notify the Office so that it can make the necessary corrections.

NOTE: if you are responsible for the error, refer to the section “Updating information on your design” under the heading “The life of your design”.



The request for correction must concern a design that is already on the national Design Register.

NOTE: For international designs designating Monaco, you should approach the International Bureau of the World Intellectual Property Organization, which is responsible for the International Register.


Who can report an error?

The proprietor of the design listed on the national Design Register, or anyone who disclosed the information processed by the Office.


How to report an error

Your correction application must be on plain paper and must include the following:

  • The name and address of the person requesting a correction
  • The registration number of the design concerned
  • If applicable, a copy of the update form
  • If applicable, the section of the Annex to the Official Journal of Monaco in which the error appears (Annex number and page number).

IMPORTANT: if the mistake concerns the content of a certificate, it should be enclosed with the correction request so that it can be destroyed.


How much does a correction cost?

The correction is free if the error was caused by the Office.


Where to submit your correction application

You can:

  • hand it directly to the Office
  • Post it to:

Direction de l’Expansion Economique

Division de la propriété intellectuelle

9, rue du GABIAN

98000 MONACO


After the correction application

  • For an error with a certificate

The Office will make the necessary corrections to the national Design Register and, on receiving the erroneous certificate, will issue a new and corrected certificate.

  • For an error with the notice published

The Office will make the necessary corrections to the national Design Register, inform the applicant by post and if applicable will arrange for an erratum to be published, if the correction concerns information that has been published.


Obtaining protection overseas