The following are ineligible for trademark protection and cannot be registered by the Office:
- Signs which are contrary to public order or decency.
- In the absence of express permission from the relevant authorities, signs protected by Article 6 ter of the Paris Convention, a list of which can be found on the website of the World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO), and which includes emblems of the Monegasque State and the Princely Family.
- Terms expressly referring to your goods and/or services.
- Signs including elements likely to create confusion in the mind of the public.
- Signs expressly describing the type, quality, quantity, intended purpose, value, place of origin or time of production of your goods and/or services.