Trademarks are essential for creating and implementing an industrial and commercial strategy, allowing you to:
- Ensure visibility for your products, distinguishing them from rival products
- Convey a positive corporate image
- Enjoy exclusive rights to the use of your creation nationwide for a ten year period, renewable indefinitely
- Extend those exclusive rights to other countries
- Protect your research and development investments, by prosecuting anyone who copies your trademark without permission
- Generate income by exploiting the trademark directly or allowing others to exploit it commercially under license, usually named licensees.